- Why Vahle
- Technical Support
Powerail Conductor Systems Commissioning
Follow these 5 steps for system commissioning:
- Check for the proper configuration and installation (refer to the Installation Procedures - consult VAHLE drawing if supplied). It is vital that the location of fixpoint hangers, sliding hangers, expansion sections etc. are per layout drawing and Installation Procedures.
- Check the conductor alignment especially at transfer areas. (i.e. check tolerances with a ruler; make test runs and watch a collector travel across the gap)
- Check that the proper collector is being used for the system configuration (consult the catalog or a VAHLE Sales Associate). All collectors are keyed to prevent reverse installation. It may be possible to force a collector in reversed but it will be difficult to move. Properly installed collectors will move freely.
- Collectors should not vibrate or spark. In case of sparking check for excessive brush wear and/or check that the contact surface is clean.
- Make test runs. Without power pull a collector assembly through the entire system. The collector should not grab, stick or jump; if this occurs inspect the area for proper installation. Start with low speeds and inspect all components for proper function.
Contact one of our sales representatives today
to inquire about a quote from Vahle Electrification
or call us today at 713-465-9796