- Why Vahle
- Electrification Systems
- Crane Power Rail Systems
- Storage and Sorting Needs
- Manufacturing Automation
- Port & Container Handling Equipment
- E-RTG System Conversions
- Stadium Roofs & Walls
- Amusement Rides and People Transport Systems
- Heavy Industry & Harsh Environments
- Contactless Power Supply and Data Transmission
- Other Systems and Applications
- Technical Support
Spring-Loaded Cable Reels
VAHLE spring-loaded cable reels are used to supply power to movable equipment for automatic winding of flexible power or control cables (also: hoses for gases and liquids). The applications of spring driven reels include portal and gantry cranes of all types, shipboard cranes, mobile cranes, construction cranes, loading systems, magnetic and grab cranes, electric hoists, car transfer tables, stackers, long scrapers in sewage treatment plants, coating systems, pallet systems, etc.
- All cable reels correspond to VDE and accident prevention regulations.
- The slip rings are designed for 500 V (AC) and 600 V (DC) (continuous duty).
- The housings of the slip-ring bodies are encapsulated in accordance with Protection type IP 54.
- Higher protection types available on request.
- The reels are driven by spiral leaf springs that achieve, on average, 100,000 spring cycles.
- Limit switches are available.
- The sheet-metal parts of the cable reels VLF 146 - VLF 530 are galvanized. All other reels receive one primer coat and one final layer of paint based on epoxy resin, color blue-grey RAL 7031.
- max. travel and lift speed v = 60 m/min.
- max. travel and lift acceleration a = 0.2 m/sec2.
Contact one of our sales representatives today
to inquire about a quote from Vahle Electrification
or call us today at 713-465-9796